- ENCAUSTIC COLD PASTE MEDIUM
- Composed of premium quality White Beeswax and the finest natural ingredients, MPO has seen its formula carefully perfected over the past 35 years by its creator Antonin Sedlacik. Thanks to its balm like consistency, MPO is ready to be used as soon as you remove the lid and unlike other wax products, MPO remains pliable for several hours following its application and will fully harden only after being sealed by heat exposure thus giving the artist the time needed to create, explore and fully enjoy the experience.
- MPO‘s unparalleled transparency and translucency provide optimal light transmission, meaning that pigments are to be applied in minimal quantities to attain the desired color saturation while reaching the brilliant spectrum of every color.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE / MASTER PASTE ORIGINAL®
Palette knifes ( three basic types )
- Large application spatula
- Medium application spatula
- Palette mixing knife
MASTER PASTE ORIGINAL® Mixing surfaces
- Glass mixing palette
- Glass table top or burnished metal sheet
Heat Source Tools
- Heat gun
- Hair dryer
WHAT TO APPLY MPOTM TO?
Supports and Surface
- Ampersand board - ready to use
- Specially prepared white surface board
- MDF ( medium density fiberboard )
- Masonite ( tempered or untempered )
- Cradled birch board
- Clay board
- Ceramic tile
Painting with this encaustic paste is a relaxing and pleasurable experience, which places you directly into a zone of therapeutic and spiritual well being, accelerating a personal energetic field of authenticity in which your full potential can emerge.
Antonin Sedlacik / MASTER PASTE ORIGINAL® - ENCAUSTICWORLD